Avocado Ranch Chicken Enchiladas
I have to thank my older daughter for helping me out with taking the photo above. She was downstairs watching me take my food photos and she said her mouth was watering as she was eyeing these enchiladas. She wanted to know how long it would be before she could eat them. After what I’m sure seemed to be an eternity, I told her I was done and she carried the plate upstairs. She was not thrilled when I had the idea of taking a photo with her on our front steps. She had no idea how to pose so I told her to make it look like she was serving the plate to someone. I’d say she nailed it.
Please don’t hate on me for using Velveeta. It is the yummiest, creamiest “pasteurized recipe cheese product” on the planet! It helps the enchilada sauce to be thick and smooth. If your sauce is too thin, it will make the tortillas soggy. I find it helps to melt the Velveeta first before adding it to the blender.
Here are the ingredients for enchiladas. You can adjust the spiciness of this dish by choosing a mild, medium or hot salsa.
TIME SAVERS FOR BUSY FAMILIES
If you’re a busy mom like me, you really should check out the rest of my website! I post recipes and products that save time for my busy family, like my favorite kitchen gadgets. Be sure to subscribe to my page to get new time-saving recipes and ideas in your inbox! Here are a few of my posts: Reverse Seared New York Strip Steak (never over-cook your steak again, seriously!), and these Incredibly Simple Potato Cakes which are made from instant mashed potatoes and fried in avocado oil. One of my most popular recipes is this Copycat Olive Garden Braised Beef and Tortelloni. Also, here’s a helpful Acne Product Review for Proactiv vs. Curology and which one works best for my older daughter.
And the finished product! I added sour cream and sliced green onions as a garnish.
I like eating this with a side of tortilla chips and guacamole.
- ¼ cup (2 oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Light Dressing
- ¼ cup (2 oz) Taco Bell Bold and Creamy Spicy Ranchero Sauce
- 2 single serving Wholly Guacamole (4 oz total)
- ½ cup (4 oz) salsa
- ⅜ cup (3 oz) chicken broth
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese (melted)
- salt to taste
- 7 inch flour tortillas
- 10 oz shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 oz (1 cup) sharp shredded cheddar, divided use
- garnish with sour cream and sliced green onion
- Melt Velveeta in microwave safe dish.
- Add first 7 ingredients (ranch dressing through melted Velveeta) to a blender and blend well.
- Add salt to taste and blend again.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ¾ cup of the sauce, shredded chicken and ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread ¼ cup of the remaining sauce on the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Place about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture in a tortilla and roll up
- Add to baking dish, seam side down
- Fill 6 to 8 flour tortillas with the chicken mixture until baking dish is full.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas and spread it out to cover.
- Cook 350 for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar. Return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes minutes to melt.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onion