Easy Microwave Pizza Bubble Bread
Motherhood is awesome… but one of my biggest challenges is having one child that is a very picky eater. My younger daughter is a carb and salt-lover. Any mention of fruits and veggies and she’s immediately resistant. Her list of foods that she likes to eat is very short. We… literally… have… a… list… It’s taped to the inside of our pantry cabinet door.
Thankfully, over the years, I’ve compiled enough recipes that she will actually eat. Recently, we added a new one, which doesn’t happen very often! She made this Easy Microwave Pizza Bubble Bread in her Home Ec class at school. Imagine my excitement when she called me one day on my way home from work and asked me to pick up the ingredients for a recipe she wanted to make!!! We now keep the ingredients on-hand, just in case she feels like making this for dinner. By the way, kids say the cutest things. I thought I’d share this little gem from the past…
Time Savers for Busy Families
If you’re a busy mom like me, you really should check out the rest of my website! I post recipes and products that save time for my busy family, like my favorite kitchen gadgets. Be sure to subscribe to my page to get new time-saving recipes and ideas in your inbox! Here are a few of my posts: Reverse Seared New York Strip Steak (never over-cook your steak again, seriously!), and these Incredibly Simple Potato Cakes which are made from instant mashed potatoes and fried in avocado oil. A couple of my other most popular recipes are this Best PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat recipe and my Twist on Trader Joe’s Gnocchi, where I created a new recipe using two versions of TJ’s gnocchi, plus some extra garlic (of course) and tomato paste.
Disclaimer: the links in this post for products are Amazon affiliate links.
Back to the recipe!
Easy Microwave Pizza Bubble Bread ingredients:
Here it is right before putting it in the microwave:
Here are the microwave lid cover and the Pyrex pie plate that I use. They fit together perfectly! The original recipe says to use wax paper sprayed with oil. We did that the first time and it stuck to the cheese. This Pyrex pie plate and microwave lid work much better!
- 1 (6 ounce; 5 biscuits) package refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits
- ½ cup pizza sauce (Contadina Squeeze Pizza Sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place a microwave-safe bowl upside down in the center of a Pyrex glass pie pan. The bowl helps to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Spray the pie pan and bowl with cooking spray.
- Separate the biscuits and cut each into 4 pieces per biscuit
- Toss dough with pizza sauce and italian seasoning. Pour it into the pie plate and arrange biscuits around the bowl.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Cover with the microwave lid shown above (or similar).
- Microwave for 3½ minutes. Let sit in the microwave one additional minute. Enjoy!