A few years ago, my older daughter had warts on her feet and we eventually cured them with the standard over the counter medicines like Compound W and Dr. Scholl’s wart removers.
My younger daughter’s warts were on her hands and the OTC medicines were really damaging to the more sensitive skin on the hands. She dreaded every time we used them. The warts ended up spreading on her hands and at one point she counted 72 of them! We decided to wait on going to a doctor because I felt that she would end up in even worse shape if they tried to freeze this many warts.
I started to look for alternative or natural treatments. We tried some essential oils (oregano and frankincense). They did seem to help, but they didn’t cure the warts. We would treat with the oils before bedtime and she’d wear a pair of thin cotton gloves overnight. To be honest, this may have worked, but sticking with this treatment method was a problem, especially with so many warts to treat. The smell of the oils was overpowering, not to mention that it was messy and not easy to have gloves on overnight.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I did not receive this product for free, I just did a lot of research and found that this worked for my daughter.
THE UNEXPECTED CURE
I did more research online and found a few resources recommending elemental silver. Thank goodness we decided to give it a chance. In about a month, her warts were gone! Here is the product we used that finally worked! American Biotech Labs Silver Gel ASAP365 4oz. Continue reading to view the before, during and after treatment photos.
INSTRUCTIONS WE USED FOR TREATMENT
We tried to treat daily, but I know we sometimes forgot. Based on our experience, this is what I would recommend for the quickest and most effective treatment:
- Follow these steps just before bedtime so that the silver gel can be on longer without being washed off.
- Soak the affected area in warm water for several minutes to soften the skin. This makes the warts change in appearance and open up in the center.
- If possible, exfoliate the wart(s) with something abrasive like an emery board to remove dead skin.
- Dab a small amount of silver gel on the wart, rub it in and allow it to dry. For my daughter, we would squeeze out an amount of the gel equal to the size of a dime. She would then rub her hands together the same way you would use hand sanitizer. Keep reading to see pictures before and after!
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Number one, it worked!!! After much pain and suffering and use of various products for treatment, we finally found something that worked! Hooray!
- The product is odorless and isn’t oily or messy. The consistency is similar to hand sanitizer, but is alcohol-free and dries quickly.
CHECK OUT THE OTHER POSTS ON MY BLOG TO FIND EASY RECIPES FOR BUSY MOMS!
- Here are a couple of my most popular recipes… Easy Pressure Cooker Ranch Pork Tenderloin (just 3 main ingredients and you can also use a slow cooker!)
Frugal Cheese Fondue (less expensive than traditional Swiss Gruyere!)
BEFORE WART TREATMENT with American Biotech Labs Silver Gel ASAP365 4oz
(this is actually after using the over-the-counter medicines and essential oils, but before the treatment with Silver Gel)
DAY 18 with Silver Gel
AFTER SILVER GEL WART TREATMENT
The warts were pretty much gone at the 30 day mark, but her hands still had red spots where the warts had been. The “after treatment” pictures above were taken about 2 months after we started the treatment. During the second month, we treated every other day at bedtime.
I don’t usually write about things like this, but it made such a huge impact on our lives that I want to get the word out. I hope this helps some kiddos out there!